I have a knack for finding unexpectedly simple solutions to really complex problems.
I do this by understanding the problem at a deep level, abstracting it to understand the motivations behind it, and reframing it to attack it from a new angle.See how I do this
- Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Product Strategy
- Product Architecture
- User Research
- User Interface Design
- Usability Testing
- Software Specs
- Wireframes, Mockups, and Prototypes
Professional Certificate in Graphic Design
Aug 2014 - May 2016
B.A. in Spanish Lit and Rhetoric, with honors
Aug 2006 - May 2010
Staff Product Designer - Okta
Apr 2018 - Present
Senior Product Designer: Nov 2016 - Apr 2018
Product Designer: Jul 2015 - Nov 2016
- Product design for cloud-based identity and access management software.
- Lead designer for the Identity product pillar, including Universal Directory, User Lifecycle Management, and ID Site products.
- Design features for automating the management of user data and access and syncing those decisions with Active Directory, LDAP, and other systems.
- Partner with other teams to design processes that ensure high quality user experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Design cross-product UI patterns to solve recurring user friction points.
- Previously designed: features for implementing SAML, OAuth, and OIDC authorization/authentication protocols; the analytics platform.
Design Director - Botanic
May 2015 - Aug 2016
- Design director for custom conversational interfaces driven by 3d characters.
- Created and oversaw Botanic’s research and design process.
- Managed client projects, gathered requirements, and wrote proposals and design specs.
UX Designer - MedeAnalytics
Nov 2013 - Jun 2015
- Product Design for cloud-based, business intelligence / data analytics software for hospitals and insurance companies.
- Designed UI patterns for functionality across MedeAnalytics platform, including filtering, reports, dashboards, admin tools, and report configuration.
- Led user research to inform and validate design solutions for the Population Health, Executive, Revenue Cycle, and Coding products as well as internal tools.
UX Designer - RTZ Associates
May 2012 - Nov 2013
- Lead Product Designer for “GetCare Online”, cloud-based workflow and accounting software for Medicare/Medicaid programs.
- Created a design system for RTZ’s entire software suite and oversaw its implementation.